IMAX - The Diluted Experience.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I stumbled upon Aziz Ansari's twitter this morning. He's that Indian guy on that new show Parks and Recreation, and he was on the MTV show Human Giant. Fucking hilarious.

Anyway, I noticed him typing in all caps about how IMAX was robbing folks, and proceeded to his blog. He posted a very in depth article explaining how AMC, Regal Theatres, and IMAX have a deal where feature films are digitally magnified and displayed on a slightly larger screen, while we still pay the same price for a lower quality service. In a time where everyone looks to get the best value for their buck, be aware folks.


Few months back I went to see The Dark Knight on IMAX. As I sat and watched the movie, I noticed that the screen wasn't the amazingly huge screen I remember seeing Spiderman 2 on back in my youth. Instead, I had difficulty being able to tell if the IMAX screen I was watching Dark Knight on was any bigger than a typical movie screen. Guess I was right.

For more on the story, visit Aziz is Bored.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Video
Audio
Events
Features