Throwback Tuesdays: Groove Theory's Tell Me

Tuesday, June 30, 2009




I had to post this video. It's one of my favorite Summer time jams. I got good memories of chilling on the monkey bars and running around the playground as this smooth groove played on the boomboxes (remember those?). Two weeks ago, I was reminded of this jam when it was sampled by none other than Brand Nubian for their song, Slow Down.

This also reminds me of a time when the original sounded as great as the remix. Moreover, the remix wasn't promoted as the proper single, but just the remix. The remix wasn't just about more features on the record, but a different beat either matching the success of the original song or surpassing it.

What was everyone's favorite Summer time Jam?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Video
Audio
Events
Features